Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Today was so very tiring. I woke up at 7 and had breakfast with the volunteers.. biscuits with jelly and cheesy grits. Around 10 the girls started to arrive.. We spent the morning talking about why sexual purity matters to God. Growing up, I percieved sex as almost an evil thing because I was taught to avoid it so much. I like that the study the Georgia team prepared focuses on sex as glorious and made by God.. that is only glorious in marriage. The second half of the day was spent watching the new Alice in Wonderland and doing henna tattoos and coloring! We really had a great time just hanging out and getting to know one another. Around 4 I took on of the girls to work.. her and I had an open conversation about our struggles as Christians.. (at least I think she's a Christian.. I'll find out for sure) I enjoyed her company though.. she dresses in all black, wearing heavy makeup and baggy clothes. She seems troubled.. as are many of us.

Anyhoot! Ak (one of my roommates) and I went to go get Rebecca's birthday gift... (moccasins btw) I'm giving them to her in the morning and she's getting ready for bed, so she won't see this on here. Then Ak and I picked some flowers for her in front of the Cherokee Muesum.. which now to think of it wasn't the best idea.
I started to knit a checked blanket tonight. I hope I actually finish this one.

What to pray for? Well, for the salvation of these girls. We had them do a questionnaire tonight about their beliefs.. many of them answered that they felt the Bible wasn't trustworthy, that Jesus is not fully God, and that heaven and hell don't really exist. (We are addressing their answers tomorrow morning) Also pray for the accountability program starting on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. You're taking on some heavy, heavy questions there em, love you, and Jesus will supply you with answers.. stay true to the word and you'll be guided in sure paths. I'm happy to see you blessing the lives of these girls, God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Followers